For media inquiries:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Phone The University of Sydney media office during Sydney Australia business hours (+61) (02) 8627 0246 outside Sydney business hours (+61)402 972 137
Megan’s selected recent media work includes:
- 2018, Article for Sydney Morning Herald, ‘Why military suicides are so common: the answer isn’t combat,’ November 19
- 2018, Article for News.com.au, ‘Australia’s other deadly war. In a year it killed more soldiers than the whole Afghan conflict,’ November 12
- 2017, CSPAN, Women in Combat talk, March 3
- 2017, Article for The Conversation, ‘How a special ‘band of brothers’ culture leads to civilian deaths in war,’ July 13
- 2017, ‘Women in Combat: Does Integration Lead to Equality?’ talk, Harvard Kennedy School Gender and Security Seminar Series
- 2017 New York Military Affairs Symposium talk on Beyond the Band of Brothers
- 2017, ‘U.S. Military Band of Brothers Culture and the Combat Exclusion for Women in a Trump Era,’ University of Massachusetts Consortium on Gender, Security, and Human Rights
- 2017 Belvoir Theatre ‘Where Do Ideas Come From?’ talk for Clear Spot Club. Read more here
- 2016 Sydney Writer’s Festival Curiosity Series Presentation
- January 2016 Interview with Mother Jones
- 2015 The World Today ABC, ‘Women in US to Serve in all Combat Roles’
- 2015 Raising the Bar Sydney: GI Jane on the Front Line. Listen here
- September 6, 2015 feature article in Stars and Stripes
- 666 ABC Canberra Mornings interview, 25 August 2015 (Begins at 1h:31)
- ABC Late Night Live Radio ‘Females on the frontline‘, 17 August 2015
- Foreign Affairs, ‘True Grit: The Myths and Realities of Women in Combat‘, 12 August 2015
- Washington Post opinion piece extensively citing Beyond the Band of Brother’s 6 May 2015
- C-Span coverage of her presentation at the WIIS event ‘Women in Combat, Where they Stand 25 April 2015
- BBC Radio interview on the topic of American women in combat, 24 January 2013 (Begins at 30min:30sec).
- ‘Let Women Fight – Ending the U.S. Military’s Female Combat Ban’, Foreign Affairs, 23 January 2013.
- ‘Overdue: Why It’s Time to End the U.S. Military’s Female Combat Ban’, The Daily Beast, 26 Oct 2012.
- NZ military offers lessons for Australian transition’, ABC Radio Interview, 18 January 2012.
- ‘The Pentagon still needs a face lift’, American Review Magazine, 2012.